Beauchamp College recognises that the public sector equality duty has three aims and they are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who have a shared characteristic and those who do not
Beauchamp College is committed to promoting equality and diversity, providing an inclusive, caring and supportive environment, which is committed to the promotion of genuine equal opportunities for all. We recognise that every member of the College is regarded as of equal worth and importance, irrespective of their faith, culture, class, race, gender, sexuality and/or disability. The Equal Opportunities, Equality and Diversity statement builds on the core values of the College:
We have set ourselves the following objectives for this academic year:
- To ensure that staff and governors are aware of current legislation surrounding equality and diversity and understand the College’s responsibility.
- To promote cultural understanding and awareness and tolerance of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between students for all groups of students; especially students eligible for Pupil Premium, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.
- To promote mental health awareness and develop appropriate interventions where necessary.
- Continue to improve accessibility across the College site for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas.
- Monitor the incidences of the use of homophobic, sexist and racist language by students in our school. If such incidences arise educate young people through our curriculum and support so that they understand and respect other people's views and beliefs.
- To continuously review and revise the curriculum so that it represents a diverse culture and society, and encourages tolerance and respect.
For further information, please see the