On this page we have selected some really useful websites to help you research your career ideas and help you to plan your next steps.
If you need further support you can book an appointment with our careers advisor via the school VLE.
- Explore Career Ideas - Not sure what you want to do after school or college? This section has links to useful websites that will help you research your career ideas.
- Post 16 Education - Information and advice on what to do after Year 11.
- Apprenticeships - What is an apprenticeship? How do I apply? Find the answers to these questions, including information and videos on higher and degree apprenticeships.
- Applying to University - Are you thinking of applying for university? Want to know how to write a personal statement? Need to know more about student loans? This section has all of this information plus more.
- Study Abroad - Thinking about studying abroad? This section will help you look at the options and research your next steps.
- Taking a Gap Year - A gap year is taking time out of education and/or employment to do something that can enhance your skills and experience.
- Labour Market Information - Knowing what jobs are available now and in the future is a very powerful tool when planning and researching your career ideas. In this section you will find useful links and current labour market information.
- Sector Skills Councils - Sector Skills Councils (SSCs) are employer-led organisations that cover specific industries in the United Kingdom. SSCs work with the Government, learning providers and awarding bodies to ensure that qualifications meet the needs of employers and individuals. Professional bodies and associations also provide useful careers and labour market information.
- Work Experience - Information on this summers work experience.
- Starting Your Own Business - Help and advice on how to set up your own business.
Review Date: September 2019