OCR Cambridge National in Sports Studies (Level 2)

OCR Cambridge National in Sports Studies (Level 2)

The course is for students who have a genuine interest in physical activity and sport but do not necessarily have a keen interest in being assessed in their ability to play sport.

mmm_0043.jpg

Examination Board

OCR

 

Assessment

The course is assessed through a one hour written examination paper, which equates to 25% of the course. The other 75% is assessed through assignments and coursework tasks which students will have to complete both in and outside of lesson time.

Unit Content

The units covered are:

    • Developing Sport Skills**
    • Sports Leadership
    • Sport and the Media
    • Contemporary Issues in Sport

**In the Developing Sport Skills unit, students will be assessed in their ability in one team and one individual sport.

 

Other Information

This is a vocational sports course allowing students to experience different aspects of sport and physical activity, some in a more practical setting that the more traditional GCSE PE course.

Students will have access to all of the extra-curricular clubs on offer at Beauchamp to build on and develop their skills sets in their relevant sports or attributes.

 

 

 

 

Physical Education Contact


Elliot Wright
Head of Physcial Education
Julie Hodgett
Physical Education Administrator